Sunday, August 2, 2009

Boy's Room




So I finally decided that it was time to decorate the kids bedroom. I have been wanting to decorate since we moved but I kept telling myself to wait until we moved the boys in the same room so I would only have to do it once and could save money in the long run. Well it finally happened Treyson decided that he was to big to sleep in a baby bed and that he wanted to sleep in Zander's room with him. I was actually excited because I think that they will do better sharing a room. I went out and started the search for bunk beds. I decided I wanted bunk beds that had the drawers under them. Any way to ad more storage without taking up much room is wonderful. Well I looked all around town and ended up getting an awesome deal that was excatly what I wanted. They had messed up in the catalog and put the wrong price down so the place called the manufactorer and asked they said that it was in there and it was their bad so they would honor that price. Needless to say I got the bed for about half the cost of all the other ones and we love them. Once I found the bunk beds and ordered them I started looking for bedding to go with them. That was a lot easier then I had anticipated and it all just fell into place. I love their room and the sports theme I chose. I made the curtains and the Name Signs. I thought eveything turned out really cute. I went to a craft store with my sister and got a few ideas but decided that I could do it for way cheaper so I gave it a try and I think they turned out pretty good. I have a few more vinyl lettering signs that I need to do but my laptop has been out of commission. I am hoping to get them done the week. Brandon did a great job hangging everything up for me. He has been so busy at work I had to have him do it this weekend so it would be done before he went back to work, he was a good sport and did today.

5 comments:

Darin and Shannon said...

Looks AWESOME!

Jody said...

Super cute!!!! Jealous you did a great job!!! What are you going to do with Treys room now!!!

Syndee said...

Way to go SPORT! Looks very good. I will have to come visit in person to get the drama from mister Zander! I love the way that kid gets excited about things.

Todd and Julie said...

You did a really good job. I love how you did their names. I have Katelyn's room about half way done. I can't decide how to do one wall and it is really bugging me.

Todd and Julie said...

I just emailed you the info on how to do the cover. Let me know if you have have any questions.